Kim and I wanted to let you know about our new office located just a mile from a prior office off of Prosperity Church Road. We remain part of the Carolinas Healthcare System and have opened a GYN only practice called GYN Care of the Carolinas.
Having done advanced robotic surgery now for 6 years and both achieving the Masters level training, we have found tremendous success with our results using the Da Vinci robot for treatment of hysterectomy, myomectomy, pelvic pain and uterovaginal prolapse. We have achieved over the last 5 years a 99.8% success rate keeping our cases minimally invasive- that includes all cases - not just simple cases.
We are very proud of these results. Our shared patients are able to be discharged home from the recovery room or later the same day as surgery. After resting for just 1-2 days, most are able to return to normal activity in approximately 1-2 weeks. By keeping our cases minimally invasive for these advanced problems such as very large fibroids we are able to minimize our patient’s postoperative pain and time out of work. The minimally invasive approach also reduces the chance for infection and intra-abdominal scarring which could cause pain in the future.
In addition to letting you know about our new office, we also want to let you know about a brand-new technology we have available with the Da Vinci robot to evaluate pelvic pain. This technology is called firefly. This involves an intravenous injection of dye during the robotic surgery which makes areas of inflammation light up like a firefly at night. This allows us to treat areas that would not otherwise be treated for endometriosis.
We also are now operating out of both CMC- University and CMC- Northeast.
Response from a patient that also works in the Quality Control Division of Carolinas Healthcare System when she heard we were opening a new office:
“Based on my EXCELLENT past experiences with Dr. David Newman, I would like to continue receiving his medical services. Let me know what process I need to follow in order to make the transition to his GYN only practice. Thanks!”
GYN Care of the Carolinas:
10030 Edison Square Drive NW
Concord NC 28027-8252
• Full time GYN care 5 days a week: adolescent and women’s care.
• Beautiful new office one mile down the road from our old office.
• Remains in the CHS system: no change to the insurance plans accepted currently.
• Nationally recognized for advanced robotic surgery with the Da Vinci Robot- selected as the national case observation site - physicians flown in from around the country to observe Drs. David and Kim Newman operate as a team. Offers “weekend” or “Band-Aid” hysterectomy with most patients returning home the day of surgery.
• Routine GYN care as well as treating problems such as infertility, pelvic pain, contraception, heavy cycles, marital challenges, depression, endometriosis, uterine fibroids and urinary incontinence.
• Counseling with a Biblical basis. We personally pray before each surgery and offer to pray with our patients and their families before any surgery.
• Specializing in the most advanced surgical procedures for treatments such as fibroid removal, hysterectomy, vaginal prolapse, and advanced evaluation/treatment of pelvic pain.
GYN Care of the Carolinas
Drs. David & Kimberly Newman
10030 Edison Square Drive NW
Concord, NC 28027